obtaining vehicle history

searley

Do you know when it was cast from service ?

Deepcut ask for a £25 (unless it has changed recently) non returnable fee for which they will search the records and produce you a copy of any record in their archive - if they find that nothing is available you won't get a refund .

If your vehicle has only recently been cast they may not yet have any info on it as it is not passed to them until five years after demob ( I found this out as this was the case with my Unimog ) .

If your vehicle has only recently been cast they may not yet have any info on it as it is not passed to them until five years after demob ( I found this out as this was the case with my Unimog ) .

Sorry mate, but that must be wrong. My Bedford was cast this year, and the body on it was cast the same week I bought it. My mate Mark Cook got the history on both these a week after I bought it, straight off Merlin.

Sorry mate, but that must be wrong. My Bedford was cast this year, and the body on it was cast the same week I bought it. My mate Mark Cook got the history on both these a week after I bought it, straight off Merlin.

I found with my enquiry that this is ( or was - I made my enquiry in February of 2008 ) the case with obtaining information from the RLC museum , I still have the letter from Erica (which I have finally managed to find a few minutes ago ) in which she explained that the history card may not be transferred from the Defence Logistics Organisation to the museum for a further five years after the vehicle is cast and that even then I might find that the card might have been previously disposed of or lost by the MOD .

She did however suggest a couple of other sources that I might utilise to obtain the information I was looking for and those of which you speak may well have been amongst them . Unfortunately I cannot lay my hands on that part of the letter at the moment .

I found with my enquiry that this is ( or was - I made my enquiry in February of 2008 ) the case with obtaining information from the RLC museum , I still have the letter from Erica (which I have finally managed to find a few minutes ago ) in which she explained that the history card may not be transferred from the Defence Logistics Organisation to the museum for a further five years after the vehicle is cast and that even then I might find that the card might have been previously disposed of or lost by the MOD .

She did however suggest a couple of other sources that I might utilise to obtain the information I was looking for and those of which you speak may well have been amongst them . Unfortunately I cannot lay my hands on that part of the letter at the moment .

Dave,

If you join the EMLRA you can get your history straight off the Merlin system. My mate Mark Cook deals with this. I know it's a pain if you haven't got a Landy, but if you want the info then it's only £17.50 to join. Like I said, the truck was cast May and the box in June (the same week I bought it) and I got the history for both. I didn't really need it as I've got the vehicle docs for both the truck and box body telling me all I need to know, we did it just to see what came up. It tells you all about the vehicle and the all important unit history. Give it a try.:cool2:

Fortnuately I was eventually able to acquire the card so I now have the mog service history - in fact I posted it up on the Forum a while ago and one of the members was kind enough to translate it for me .

It would be nice to achieve the impossible and find the history for the Dodge but I feel that will always remain untraceable .