Hi from Northumberland

spooky

Hi All

Live in Northumberland but originally from the south of UK.

Been sitting in background admiring the site and the forums for a short while, decided what the heck get in there and join.

Looking forward to joining in on a topic or 2 as i will be asking for help sometime.

My aim is to try to build a large scale Thornycroft Mk9 Nubian Major, (Sorry but cannot afford real one).

regards

Malc

Hi malc sounds like an interesting project .Have you got drawings or a mate with one you can measure up? And what scale will it be?:)

I am hoping for some drawings this week to work with, i cannot decide on the scale yet, i am thinking 1/14 for ease of parts but 1/6-8-10 for pure greed :-D

only trouble is the larger the scale the larger the cost as the 1/6 is 1.4M long :eek:

I hope to visit a museum soon that has 2 for me to get that real close up as it has been many years since i worked on one

malc

• 7 years later...

I'm back :cool2:

So 1 x stroke and 1 heart attack later. Have took the time to settle into a new role and r&r whilst preparing my tools area (mainly known as the garage).

Got heavily involved in charity work to the neglect of my hobby, so its time to rectify that.

I still intend to build this MK9 but i have lost everything that steve shirley sent me and now i see they have their own dilemma so maybe have to wait a while to start asking again.

Anyone know if they have got a new location on the horizon yet?

Malc