WW2 snaps

plainmilitary

Hello again guys and gals. The following pictures are all origanal and not copies. I have no idea of dates, Regiments or locations but thought some of you guys might like to see them. The saddest fact of all is all these pictures were found at the local recycle center, thrown out with all the other rubbish. Thankfully we have guys there that save most of this stuff and pass it onto us.

(1)

OLD1.jpg

(2)

OLD10.jpg

(3)

OLD3.jpg

(4)

OLD2.jpg

(5)

OLD4.jpg

(6)

OLD5.jpg

(7)

OLD6.jpg

(8)

OLD7.jpg

(9)

OLD8.jpg

(10)

OLD9.jpg

Hope you enjoy these snaps and sorry for the quality.

Tony.

Plain Military.

Edited by plainmilitary

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a few more, Jack, the only info I have on these pictures is a bit of text on the back of a few.

OLD14.jpg

The text on the picture below if of the back of the picture above.

OLD17.jpg

Nieuwe Pekela is a town in the North of the Netherlands in the province of Groningen.

http://maps.google.nl/maps?q=%22nieuwe+pekela%22&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&gl=nl&ei=arv2SprsEY794AaRyLnoAw&ved=0CAsQ8gEwAA&hq=&hnear=Nieuwe+Pekela,+Pekela,+Groningen&z=12

Daniel

I'd hazard a guess that the text in 'post 6' on the rear of the first pic says(in Polish) something along the lines of Funeral Gen W Sikorski 1943. Dont know the building though. I believe he was initially buried at the Free Polish cemetery at Newark, and this doesnt look very Newark-ish. After the war his remains were transferred to (Krakow?). This would not fit in with 1943 though. No doubt someone will have the full answer.

Hi Tony

I hope you dont think this to be some sort of hi jack but if you dont mind this thread would be a good place to expand on the subject of WW2 snapshots. Whilst professional photos are excellent it is those i suppose of the cuff photos that really tell the story and to place them on one thread makes sense and eliminates the problem of chasing all over the forum to find items of this type. so here a couple in my collection

cheers

Les

3.jpg

4.jpg

Thanks Tony i expect you will be coming up with some more items soon but meantime here are some more i have

1. it says enjoying the soccer match and i am sure thats a Albion IGL in the background so it points to RAF or maybe RAF verses ARmy match.

2 Not sure if the guy who took this shot featured on his bed or the Ford but we got both

3 A bunch of RAF types and a 15cwt CMP

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg