6 pounder Anti-Tank Gun

I was very lucky to find a 6 pounder AT Gun earlier this year and took almost 18 months of negotiation to actually get my hands on it.

It has had a hard life in service and on top of that it has stood outside for 30 years so there was quite a bit of deterioration and also missing several major parts.

When the gun arrived it was evident that the trails were going to require quite a bit of work as they had been badly damaged,it looked like some idiot had taked a sledge hammer to them.

After a bit of heating and beating and a bit of sweat and swearing they seemed to shape up ok.

The main gunsheild and toe plate,sight mounting and trail stay ( short stay that keep the trails secured open when firing) are all missing.

I have almost completed restoring what I have but would like to find the missing pieces,I think I can fabricate the gunsheild and toe plate but I would like find the sight mount,trail stay and a firing pin to complete the restoration.

I am also interested in finding out how many 6 pounders(not US 57mm's) are out there in private hands.

If anyone can help with the missing parts could you please contact me.

Pics attached

Rob............................rnixartillery.

ps Thanks Tony ,stencil worked a treat !

DSCF2620.jpg

DSCF2638.jpg

DSCF3232.jpg

DSCF3585.jpg

DSCF3652.jpg