Hitlers stealth fighter

cripp

I'm not sure the Ho2-29 would have had the range to reach the USA, you only need to look at the size of the B-36 for the first inter-continental bomber, but with time and further development, a larger flying wing aircraft may well have been able to reach the USA.

I find it interesting that the Germans and Americans were both developing Flying Wing aircraft at the same time, which flew around the same time and had many similarities.

There is a programme, Luftwaffe 1946 or something crops up on satellite which looks at how this jet coupled with a nuke to turn NYC to slag could have made the war interesting.

I have seen that one too and it is what the F117 is based on......

thats interesting, ill do some research. ive got a book at home about the props they used in star wars and indiana jones, and i was under the impression that it was a full size model made in the UK by a light aircraft company especially for the film, although i guess its probably it was based on a real design.

Part of Britian's war booty was a 3 metere wind tunnel used at Farnbourough for many years including on the Concorde. There is also an ex Luftwaffe overhead crane on MOD strength I know off. Though Werner Von Braun and the Paperclip project have come to the public eye a lot of German Medical and aerodynamic research was subsequently used post war. The medical side was , and still is very contreversial.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not sure the Ho2-29 would have had the range to reach the USA, you only need to look at the size of the B-36 for the first inter-continental bomber, but with time and further development, a larger flying wing aircraft may well have been able to reach the USA.

I find it interesting that the Germans and Americans were both developing Flying Wing aircraft at the same time, which flew around the same time and had many similarities.

the ho 229 was gorings favourite of the wunder weapons or whatever they called them...and yes it was planned to make it have enough range to reach the US...as to research on flying wings the UK, the US the french and the germans were stuying designs all at the same time..

......yes it was planned to make it have enough range to reach the US........

The Ho 2-29 combat range was only 620 miles, and ferry range was just under 1200 miles, so no, it wouldn't have reached continental USA.

As I stated before, you would need a much larger aircraft such as the B-36 Peacemaker ( combat range 6795 mls ), or Northrop XB-35 Flying Wing which had a range of 8150 miles.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Yin717

Wow! That is interesting! Looks amazing! I think it does amaze me the amount of secret projects the Nazis had. A shame and thanking we blew up most of them.