WW1 finds and discoveries

Great War truck

Here is a link to a site that is mainly about stationary engines and tractors, but they posted a couple nice series of pictures about the production of war equipment during WW1.

http://mototracteurs.forumactif.com/t18520p60-les-usines

Marcel

no guards or interlocks on any of them presstools...

you`d get lynched for running a shop like that now....

i wonder if they had a press register back in them days?

no guards or interlocks on any of them presstools...

you`d get lynched for running a shop like that now....

i wonder if they had a press register back in them days?

Think of it in a reversed period of time. If those people were to walk into a workshop of today making the same helmets, would they ask " Why do you need all of that?"

We all can talk about the activities we have done that are not permitted now!

Doug

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh that is very nice indeed. It's a good thing I havn't got any money or I could get very excited about that truck. Funny thing is that the shed looks relatively new but the truck looks like it has been in the same spot for a long time. Is it in the UK ?

David

We call 'em "pole barns" even if they are not exactly true to that original definition. They come as kits and you can buy them from some of the local "big box" home improvement stores for DIY construction (delivery to site included in price!) or you can hire a construction outfit to do it or build one from scratch. Bare bones, they are quite inexpensive.

That is a really nice FWD. Looks pretty complete. Hard to tell where it is. The ubiquitous American blue tarp might be a clue. For some reason, I don't see them often in pics from the other side of the pond. Not hideously rusty which suggests a relatively dry climate but who knows. Wish it was in my barn. Rather it that the John Deere combine that is giving me fits at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Now here is a rare one. Unique in fact. I think it is the only “survivor” of this model. It was recovered from under a holiday chalet in Devon some years ago and is now on its way to Holland. There are not enough bits to restore it, but you never know, they might turn up.

It will be very difficult to guess what it is, but does anybody want to have a go? I will give you a clue. Made in the USA for the WD. To make it easier, it is not a Packard, Peerless, Pierce Arrow, Locomobile or Mack. That narrows it down a bit. Alan, I am sure you will know?

IMG_9083_zpssf2qrd0l.jpg

IMG_9080_zpsh2b4rtqd.jpg

IMG_9075_zpslpff9lk0.jpg

IMG_9078_zpsoazcb5qu.jpg

IMG_9067_zpsum66z6wn.jpg

IMG_9066_zpsuw1nqv6h.jpg

IMG_9064_zps6zwwcdjh.jpg

IMG_9071_zpsepjpjmgm.jpg

IMG_9074_zpscoptuncl.jpg

IMG_9073_zps9d1mvb6q.jpg