Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

Don't know but I wondered why it had the same side lights as Challenger 2. When I left it was still for sale. Most of my fellow travellers thought it would have come across the border from the British Army in Belize but obviously not a British Army vehicle. They also had several German Unimogs.

Firstly, apologies for the photo sizing, don't know what went wrong there.

There was a detail card with the QL but the only bit I remember was that it was exmil, then at Morecombe Fire Station.

The Zetros is apparently Australian Army although how it ended up at a truck show in the UK is anyone's guess.

The lowloader and handler are RAF. Shame they were put in such a position that after 20 minutes had completely defeated me on getting a decent pic! Who decided that plywood was a good idea to stop that lot sinking into the grass???:wow:

Lovely motor that Zetros

Rygor Commercials, our local Mercedes truck dealer had a new red 6x6 version for sale about 3 years ago, I was getting my Leyland Daf MOTed there and asked why they had a Zetros for sale, the reply was that as Unimog dealers they also sold Zetros. It wasn't there long, I wonder who bought it and what use they put it to.

About 06:15 this morning I saw what I think was a Land Rover 101 Y registration heading south onto the Forth Bridge, does any one know anything about this one and is it based locally, unfortunately due to traffic and the road works couldn't get a good look.

A friend spotted this in a French scrapyard a few days ago. I have no idea what it is, but he is intrigued to know & whether it is rare or not? I assume it is for sale so anyone interested PM me & I'll get the location from him.

20170504_121855.jpg

20170504_121815.jpg

20170504_121834.jpg

Turning off the A64 this morning about 08.30

Possibly off onto the A169 and heading for Pickering / Whitby.

Series Land Rover LWB with trailer.

Dark Blue lettered up for ROYAL NAVY.

Is there a Mil vehicle rally in the area?

Rygor Commercials, our local Mercedes truck dealer had a new red 6x6 version for sale about 3 years ago, I was getting my Leyland Daf MOTed there and asked why they had a Zetros for sale, the reply was that as Unimog dealers they also sold Zetros. It wasn't there long, I wonder who bought it and what use they put it to.

Probably not connected but Bracknell fire station had a 64 reg 3 axle Zetros parked in their yard today in full fire fighting kit. One of those 'Concorde' moments where something looks absolutely perfectly designed for what it's intended to do. No pics unfortunately as nowhere to park but if that's where it lives then I'll be waiting for the opportunity.

On the A96/Anderson Drive in Aberdeen (in the rush hour) - 2 CVRT Scimitars/Sabres heading north (on a civilian low loader). Definitely privately owned.

Only got a passing view on a roundabout............ anything happening in Northern parts this weekend involving HMV's?

• 2 weeks later...

No photos I'm afraid... but I wonder who's DUKW I saw on the back of a low loader driving past Woodbridge, Suffolk this morning at about 07:45?? I know of at least one in the locality, but wondered if this was someone's here.

No photos I'm afraid... but I wonder who's DUKW I saw on the back of a low loader driving past Woodbridge, Suffolk this morning at about 07:45?? I know of at least one in the locality, but wondered if this was someone's here.

Funny, I saw a Springer driving to the Camsea Ashe auction site on the same road this morning. Missed the DUKW though

Spotted this in Boston, Massachusetts, last week. There is a company which uses a large fleet of DUKWs to take tourists on land & water tours of the city. I didn't fancy it myself and I definitely wouldn't fancy the idea of trying to get to Dublin on one....:shocked:

attachment.php?attachmentid=126230&stc=1

image.jpg

Edited by mtskull