What Generator?

Is anyone in the know regarding what generator was used for the "Shop Equipment Electronic Repair General Purpose TCTM 3Ton CB365/1" box body?

Has anyone worked on these in the Army, if so I'd love to hear from you. Basically I need to know what generator I need to buy that can run the lights and plug sockets etc on my box. The reason I want a Military Generator is that the plug sockets seem different than the civvy versions and I don't want to start cutting things off etc.

The electrics are single phase 240v 50Hz AC and also 24vDC. There is a battery tray built in and it appears that when connected to the 240v supply, the batteries are charged. This if for the lights I think when not connected to 240V???

Thanks in advance.

Andy

• 5 months later...
Andy,

sorry just found your post. Do you have a picture of the box body and the connection you have described? Or have you already solved the issue?

Gavin

Hello mate,

If you go onto my picture album bit you can see the body in question. There is also a picture of the socket here;

http://www.hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?t=13512&page=2

Cheers mate

I did identify the manufacturer for a few of those connectors - I'll see if I can dig anything out for you when I'm next at work (Tuesday). Looks like it might be in the same series as the ones on the radio relay PSU (240V->24V at 60A) which are very substantial waterproofed connectors - there was a manufacturer that still made them...name totally escapes me though!

Stone

I did identify the manufacturer for a few of those connectors - I'll see if I can dig anything out for you when I'm next at work (Tuesday). Looks like it might be in the same series as the ones on the radio relay PSU (240V->24V at 60A) which are very substantial waterproofed connectors - there was a manufacturer that still made them...name totally escapes me though!

Stone

Thanks Stone. Got yourself a tank yet? You have to use the licence now you know!!:cool2: