Regulator and Generator

R Cubed

Question

Hi all can I have some help, I have a Dodge WC52 and the generator does not charge the battery, if you push one of the relay coils it will start charging but if you then stop the engine and restart you are back to square one, no charge...

Does anyone know what each of the coils do and how to adjust them to get the regulator to work and cut in and out.

Please HELP......

MOT is on Friday.

:sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat:

3 answers to this question

Well I have got it sorted out. This problem was on a Dodge WC52 on the bottom right corner as you look at the regulator mounted to the bulkhead, there was a noise suppression unit bolted to the case of the regulator which was earthed and connected to the field connection on the regulator and also to the field winding on the generator??

Well tested this out and found it to be shorted out, anyway after removing this and connecting the rest of the wiring up as it should be all was well. so watch out for those little buggers which give no sign of a problem to look at but don't actually do what they should !!!!!!!!!