Bunker Bash 2009 Photos & Reports

Tugger

I went as a visitor yesterday (Sat) with the family and we all thouroughly enjoyed it, the Kids especially liked the CVRTs (you'd have to excuse them referring to them as tanks, but at 2 and 4, the intricate differences go a bit over their heads:-D

The Fire demonstration went down a storm too.

Well done all involved... great show and will deffo be back.

(The time in the car on the way there and back was passed by going 'shhhh', every time refrence was made to the secret bunker... kids eh..dontcha love 'em)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it was good to see all the effort that had gone into getting stuff ready for the show. Saw a few people with HMVF stickers in the windscreen too ;)

Bit heavy on the Landies, never seen so many 101s in one place! Not sure if Neil has sorted Maud's steering out yet either, was looking forward to seeing her trundle around, but maybe another time.

So yeah, top day out :) Thanks for putting it on.

Stone

Me and the boys have just got back, what a great show!!

The weather was very good with only a few light showers during the day and a bit of a downpour sunday morning.

Just goes to show you cannot take any notice of the weather!!

Ian and lee done a great bar b que thurs night which was yummy.

Loads of re enactors and the 'war walk' through the woods was excellent.

Well done to all those involved!

Just got in & unloaded . What a cracking weekend . What a fantastic bunch of people . Great to put names to faces & have a bit if a chat .

Got two extremely inadequate words to say to Lee , Ian & their team .........

Thank You .

Davie & Phil

YA126

just got back in from a very tireing and eventfull weekend

many thanks to all that helped when i had my alergic reaction sat night

the entertainment in the cyprus mess was great

rambo and crew plus mark lee and ian thank you for sorting out my tent thursday night

jack you managed to slip pass us when we wernt looking and still has his locks wait till w&p jack

hope those that met the 118 team found us apprachable and i managed to place a few faces to names now

see you all soon

Got back home a few hours ago - but have been too knackered to do anything till now! :)

As ever a great show and a good start to the season. Before saying anything else a BIG vote of thanks must got to Lee and Ian for all their hard work in organizing the vent for our enjoyment. And also to the 118 Team of Dave and Roger for the excellent system of access controls in place all weekend.

We had a throughly enjoyable time - despite the weather of a morning which magically seemed to clear up as the public entered. Sorry the Stalwart wasn't active on the Sat - like an idiot I left the keys at home and had to wait for the wife to run them out to me and then put 25 litres of OM-13 equivalent into the steering hydraulic tank. The gusty wind made this interesting as I reckon about a liter of the stuff got blown over the cab roof, the load bed, me and passers-by!! :rofl::rofl:

Sat might was good too - especially when we got the unoffical rendering of "Fallschirmjaeger" and "Panzerlied" :rofl: :rofl:

Met a lot of familiar faces including Fearless Leader (who's luxuriant locks were saved for Beltring after all) and it was great saying hello and catching on whats been happening. Collected the 21 mug Mark H auctioned off for the OMOTB campaign which now has pride of place in the display cabinet.

Vehicles and tentage were left there tonight and we'll be back to take the tentage down and stow it in the vehicles tomorow .

All I can say by way of ending is now roll on the 1010 Bash!! :rofl::rofl:

Thanks again to all involved!!

Well i managed to make the trip down there today. Was greeted by Heliops. Who accused me of bringing the bad weather with me....biglaugh.gifApart from chatting to the usual suspects,cat and pat. Also chatted to Cripp,just caught fleeting glances of a few others,Chris G,Grasshopper,TooTall,Snapper,Artistes Rifles,David Ives. The rest i didnt see. No Lee,Ian Jack or any of the others. Had a great time on the way back.

Managed to get caught up in a convoy of Army Pinzgauers at the Dartford tolls. I decided it was all a bit slow for me and pressed on. Had a few waves from the drivers as i went past. They must be remembering the good old days when they had proper vehicles.happy112.gif

Had a great weekend despite having to leave my 101 in a mates yard after it broke down on the M4. Scrounged a 109 and made it anyway.

Enjoyed it immensely even with the odd drop of rain thrown in. Thanks to the Essex boys for organising such a good show.

Hi all :wave:

had a brill weekend, even with the weather!!!! Both my girlfriend and her son enjoyed it, they even entered into the spirit by wearing dpm!!!

Left the bash at approx 1705, arrived home 2300, thats with a 1hr stop for food.

A big thank you to Lee :thanx: and all the organisers for putting on a brill show, was nice meeting Snapper, and finally meeting both 118's was a treat!?

We had a good drive both there and back, my rover not missing a beat.

Highlight? being told by members of the public that my little display of CEMO/CEFO was spot on!!!!

Wondered why was never called to arena to watch our fearless leader's hair being removed strand by strand, now I know!

My piccys will be on my site sometime today (hopefully!!)

TTFN

Mark :cool:

Special thanks to the brave souls who helped Mike and I put up our gazebo and tents in the dark and the rain on Friday night. We arrived later than planned due to not finishing our beavertail truck until that afternoon! Hope you all felt recompensed by the fire afterwards. Sorry for not having the sofa with us....

Really enjoyed sliding the cvrt around the arena, and i know that Mike has always wanted to pull a car apart with his winch. Big smiles all round!

Great show - a lovely start to the season. A credit to Lee, Ian and the team. Gets better every year and this is no accident. Lots of hard work evident. It was my daughter's first MV event and she was enthused enough to want to come to Beltring. I am a little disappointed that there are posts here from folks I did not see. Sorry to have missed you. Hopefully we can meet at another event.

Thanks to one and all for their hospitality...get those scissors sharpened for Beltring, Lee!

Get that foot sorted now Lee. You might need it later.

MB

A big thanks to lee and Ian and the rest of the team for a great weekend,well done guys!!!!!

weather wasn't too bad but trying to get the tents down today was fun!

Had a great time,even got the saracen to do a near 180,oops!!!!

highlight of the weekend seeing a veteran saracen drivers face light up when he sat in the drivers seat for the first time in nearly 50 years!! priceless!!!

once again great show!! 2010 bigger and better!!!

well done guys!!!

Hi all.

I left the Bunker Bash today (Monday) at 1030 and arrived back at Tonbridge just after 1230hrs. No drama's on the route to and from the bash so it looks like my lucky wooden box worked.

Many thanks to Lee and Ian for a cracking 6 days. The weather held out for most of the time, untill TTM and Grasshopper arrived - then it rained Beltring style. For those who thought Sunday moring was wet, you should have been there Friday evening. Other than Friday Eve and Sunday morning, the weather was fine.

The 118 crew done a fab job and thanks for the beer Dave (Rambo, I gather you are holding my share on ice).

Lots of faces old and new. Met Snowtrac and Andy for the first time. Metroman dropped in - and drank all of my coffee but on the plus side did bring donuts. Thanks mate.

Mark (snapper) dropped in with the ankle biters - nice to see the Mutt again.

Sorry I couldn't make everyone tea and coffee but once the show starts I get somewhat busy.

Some dodgy geezer gate-crashed dinner on Saturday night - not sure who he was but he was sporting a mop of hair.

Excellent time was had by all and have heard nothing but positive comments.

Thanks to everyone who managed to take some pics as I didn't have my camera. Would be interested to see a video of the car being pulled apart if anyone managed to capture the episode. Likewise, if anyone has any pictures of the Rugged Boys I would be greatfull.

All in all - a good event with no negatives that I could see.

My next one is Beltring - see you there. My normal space has become the unofficial HMVF area. All welcome, regardless of vehicle or camping means. If you want a space drop me a PM or e-mail.

Markheliops