Information

ferretfixer

I am not entirely sure about this one, but it may be worth checking out.

I was informed yesterday by an EX Police Officer, that from yesterday (6th April) all Emails in the UK will be recorded & kept for three years.

Generally not a problem for most of us. BUT, is this yet another example of the errosion of our Civil Liberties ?(If such a thing exists these days!) :argh:

Information apparantly was gleaned from the Telegraph,considered an informative & reliable source normally. not an ordinary Rag just interseted in sensationalism..

I dont take this Newspaper, but it might be worth confirming / denying? :n00b:

from what I understand it just the transaction details, not content (you can imagine the amount of storage that would be required to store content!!). So basically just logfiles, most corporates and ISP store logfiles anyhow for diagnostics etc, so its no real change to how things have always been...just the retention is a bit longer (although financials keep data for up to 7 years)

from what I understand it just the transaction details, not content (you can imagine the amount of storage that would be required to store content!!). So basically just logfiles, most corporates and ISP store logfiles anyhow for diagnostics etc, so its no real change to how things have always been...just the retention is a bit longer (although financials keep data for up to 7 years)

Well, I did wonder about the storage of a LARGE amount of content that many emails would cause! :shake:

Seems it's no problem then?...............................(For now!) :cool2: