Motorbike webistes

Radek

• 5 years later...

Jim I also have a 741B. Unfortunately there are no records that I know of that list frame numbers. Although Contract and census numbers do exist, there is no way of tying your bike to any of them without the frame number. Thousands were sent to Australia and New Zealand as well as UK and most of our other colonial destinations. So I'm afraid it's artistic licence as far as markings go. But please 'NO US MARKINGS' apart from testing one or two, the US Army didn't use them.

If you're in the States? Your best bet for spares is https://www.jerrygreersengineering.com/catalog.php

Here is me and my mate Tony at Coy Pond here in Poole UK

Regards Ron

741B 056.jpg

Jim I also have a 741B. Unfortunately there are no records that I know of that list frame numbers. Although Contract and census numbers do exist, there is no way of tying your bike to any of them without the frame number. Thousands were sent to Australia and New Zealand as well as UK and most of our other colonial destinations. So I'm afraid it's artistic licence as far as markings go. But please 'NO US MARKINGS' apart from testing one or two, the US Army didn't use them.

If you're in the States? Your best bet for spares is https://www.jerrygreersengineering.com/catalog.php

Here is me and my mate Tony at Coy Pond here in Poole UK

Regards Ron

nice job on those,

I can tell you that the ones in Canadian service were destined for the French Army before it fell. The Ship carrying them ( I have the Ships name at home someplace...) was docked in Halifax NS, when the news came. The Canadian Army then took over the stores, which included a large amount of Indian MC with and without side cars. I'll see what else I might have for information on those. A good book to find (now out of print) which has lots of good pictures is "The Winged Wheel Patch" the history of Canadian Military Motorcycles by Ken Messenger and MAx Burns

Pics of two of mine (non indian!)

Harley Davidson - Armstrong.jpg

(The TRW was marked up for a movie series done in 2001, hense the Military Police plate)

Cheers

Nick

CWC Canada

PDF+8+(3).jpg

Hi all,

Put this list together awhile ago, from the info I have at hand, parts books and manuals, by no means complete or maybe even inaccurate, but it's a start, any additional info will be welcomed!!

Indian_numbers.jpg

Cheers,

Lex

PS Nick, the bikes you are talking about are 340's and a totally different bike!

PPS Radek, your link does not work!

Edited by welbike

The Winged wheel patch is nice but not much on the bikes themselves, but very nice DR stories!! be prepared to pay loads of money for this one!!

20150131_151601.jpg

A more available book and more about the bikes themselves is this one;

20150131_152016.jpg

Then a book only for the 340, very well documented, and loads of "mythbusting" ever since indian books came out in the 60's the same mistakes have been copied over and over again, this book sets a lot of them right!! a must have for any Indian owner!

20150131_151537.jpg

I had better start a new post, as no one will be able to find it here!! first off to the shed!!

Hope this helps,

Lex

Edited by welbike