Fuel prices jump again

ArtistsRifles

Hang on, there was another increase recently. When VAT was reduced to 15%, didn't fuel duty increase to keep the price the same? That's now 2 increases we've had.

Petrol at my local Shell station is now 90.9, which is the cheapest in Reading.

What it needs is everybody to fill up thier petrol tanks & really 'guide it on for a week'. If NOBODY (Or as many as possible!) Do NOT buy Petrol. The Petrol Barons will have big logistical probs! Petrol is on the move all the time if you think about it. Oil Drawn from the ground & pumped to tanks, held there then refined. Pumped to different tanks. Then pumped into tankers for sea transportation. Then out into more tanks, pumped into road tankers, driven through the nights & days to garages. pumped into garages tanks & finally into our cars/ vehicles. If you think about this as discribed above. it is actually happening ALL THE TIME! All the different processes in different stages at different times. It's moving all the time like a conveyer belt. If NOBODY purchases any petrol, what a logistic nightmare it will create! They will have to attempt to shift some of it by dropping the price. another few days & they will have to drop it again. if we use as little as possible & they are not selling it by the ton as they normally do. They will HAVE to do something! It's got to be worth a go? But we ALL need to play our part together or nothing will change!

What are your thoughts Guys? (& Gals!) :???

Mike.

With work having been so slack of late it's was just over a month between fill ups on my truck - so I've been doing my bit :-D .

As great an idea as a boycott is you just know that there are so many weak willed people out there that they simply would not do it no matter how many pledged to support the idea . A great shame but........

I remember the last time there was a big hike here , a mate who had just moved back here from The States said that the Americans just wouldn't stand for paying the sort of prices we do and - as you suggest - would just stop using fuel until the price came back down .

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Direct action every time,Trouble with a democracy is to much talking not enough action.Its been said allready the people now dont have the nuts for it.Last one turn the light out.

I can't understand why we haven't had major protests again. The major protests of a few years ago started in this area but the farmer who was the leader and spokesperson then went on to become a Conservative member of the Welsh Assembly.

Guess, its the mentality of everybody wanting something done as long as someone else is doing it.

Here in the Netherlands last year when the prices skyrocketed some truck drivers drove slow on the motorway in protest. That's all that happened.

Taxes of various kinds by the government is the main value of a liter of gas.

Everybody should have parked their cars to block government buildings for weeks on end (parlement down to townhalls).

Problem is we're not organised and scared. (I can't because I have to go to work, my misses objects, my weewee is too small and all that kind of cowardly thinking).

In France the public shuts down airports, trains and stuff to protest if something is wrong in their eyes, we just object, get a jar of vaseline and bend over.

Neil, i've just received this e-mail

We've launched a new campaign today to stop fuel tax going up again, and we really need your help. You can read all about it on our site:

http://www.petrolprices.com/itsyourduty/

The aim is to stop another 2p fuel duty hike, to get the Government to explain how our fuel tax is spent, and to demand that fuel tax is spent on improving transport in the UK.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Jason