"Daisy" or "Rust Bucket" depending on who you ask in our house !

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here she is looking forlorn in the corner of the field ! Soooo long ago ! Then after a weeks thought and sleepless nights on her way to my friends yard for much needed love and attention ! :-D (What have I done ! ):shake::shake::shake::-D:-D:-D

1.jpg

daisy.jpg

daisy 001.jpg

daisy 002.jpg

daisy 003.jpg

daisy 012.jpg

daisy 015.jpg

daisy 005.jpg

daisy 006.jpg

Well ! The yard is great and free , but its not near my tools or kettle ! So after much thought and very carefull measuring I mention the subject of moving Daisy home where she belongs !:sweat: ! Well Hayley ( the better half ) she says yes and before she has a moment to reconsider I drive Daisy home ! What a lorry and what a girl :iloveyou:!

daisy 008.jpg

daisy 009.jpg

daisy 010.jpg

daisy 011.jpg

Now I must admit I did get a bit carried away ! :-D But in the very very long run it has helped me gain access to areas that I would not have got to without so much stripping ! My only regret is not removing the crane body when she was in the yard ! Still when she is mobile again that may still be an option !

daisy 016.jpg

daisy 017.jpg

daisy 018.jpg

daisy 019.jpg

daisy 020.jpg

daisy 021.jpg

daisy 022.jpg

daisy 023.jpg

daisy 024.jpg

daisy 026.jpg

Its amazing how half of Daisy is now outside the garage and the other half is inside and filling it ! Can't tell you how much I have enjoyed it all so far though ! I recommend growing a large tree to obscure any activity from the neighbours !

daisy 027.jpg

daisy 028.jpg

daisy 030.jpg

daisy 031.jpg

daisy 032.jpg

daisy 033.jpg

daisy 037.jpg

daisy 039.jpg

andy i shall now dub thy my hero for doing something i have dreampt of for years having an explorer in the back garden

great pics and hope to see a lot more as progress continues i have no doubt that once u finish daisy she will be one of the best examples out there .

and andy can u explain y all your vehicals in your lottery barn are the same as mine :-D

nick

Edited by younggun

How the hell did you get that in your garden fer gawd's sake. Trees in front and trees behind............. does it fly or sumfink. That bladdy tree in front of it has grown since you started so it won't come out that way. Spose you could drive it across the neighbours gardens when they are out. Wouldn't do that much damage really I suppose......:-D

Hi Will ! The offroad capabilities of a Scammell Explorer are legendary !:-D The only issue on her release will be the new gates the council kindly fitted at the end of the alley to prevent flytipping ! 3.5 metres wide on a bit of a bend ! Fairly sure we'll make it ! If not I am sure there will be a way !:cool2:Love your Albion !:-D

Frankly I can't understand why it's taken you so long Lt. Col. Fowler!!

Maybe too much time spent drooling over other Scammells, whilst cruelly neglecting your Daisy, not to mention the time taken for trips out swanning around in Constructors, and all those photos, and posts too.

Hope you get her finished before the fuel runs out!

Jules

Frankly I can't understand why it's taken you so long Lt. Col. Fowler!!

Maybe too much time spent drooling over other Scammells, whilst cruelly neglecting your Daisy, not to mention the time taken for trips out swanning around in Constructors, and all those photos, and posts too.

Hope you get her finished before the fuel runs out!

Jules

Me to mate ! Might have to start hoarding it in a hole in the garden ! :-D

You jammy bas**rd ! What fabulous set up ! Next to having the ruddy thing in the living room I think you've created something very, very close to Scammell Heaven. Andy, forget your signature, you've already won the lottery by having both the lovely Hayley, and Daisy, in your life. What more could any man want, or need.

One small complaint. Why have we had to wait so long to see this wonderful photographic record of Daisy's progress ? Anyway, now we all know just how nicely you are situated regarding this project, it's hard not to agree with Jules comments and hope to see less drooling over other people's lorries and more cracking on with the wire brush on your own Scammell.

Thank you for starting this thread. I'm looking forward to many more interesting posts. Good luck.:thumbsup:

Andy!! Its about blinking time you get this blog up on here! Nice to see your daisy as found, and looking forward to seeing the pictures of current progress, you must be making good headway now? And we're coming into the better weather too :yay:

I'll have to come over with my spanners next time I'm in London!

Best of luck mate!