Thornycroft Hathi

antarmike

Rick

Are you aware of any survivors out there?

Tim (too)

I took this picture on the day I bought my Explorer so was more interested in those than the part restored Hathi parked next to them in the REME Museum!

I can't find the rest of the pix I took that day, will have a look to see if any show it, but that was before digital and I didn't waste much film then.

steam.jpg

I took this picture on the day I bought my Explorer so was more interested in those than the part restored Hathi parked next to them in the REME Museum!

I can't find the rest of the pix I took that day, will have a look to see if any show it, but that was before digital and I didn't waste much film then.

Oh you guys!!

Appaerantly the drive to the front wheels is bevel gearing, not a C.V. joint of any form. I imagine that there are a pair of bevel gears turning on the swivel pins, and the ends of the half shafts, and the short drive shafts in the hub stub axle must each have a bevel gear which mesh with these. If this is the case the drive would be reversed in the process so the output from the front diff must be turning in the opposite direction to the wheels!

Appaerantly the drive to the front wheels is bevel gearing, not a C.V. joint of any form. I imagine that there are a pair of bevel gears turning on the swivel pins, and the ends of the half shafts, and the short drive shafts in the hub stub axle must each have a bevel gear which mesh with these.

.....same as the Leyland Martian front swivel drives then.