M4A4 restoration

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Adrian you don't have to answer this at all  or completely but .....Have you kept an accurate account of what such a superb restoration has cost you ?

Even if it only amounts to just 'what you paid for her , plus all the bits you've bought'.... I totally understand that calculating your time and what you should / could have earnt instead of messing about with her is probably very nigh on an impossible thing to calculate ( or admit here on the forum where yer missus might see it ! )

Just curious really and I don't of course expect you to reveal at all what it has actually cost ....that would be impudent to ask at the very least : )  

Hi Bob, well, I do have an idea what it has cost me, both financially and in time, though it would be hard to tell the true cost in terms of how my single minded focus for a few years impacted my private life! However, I'm happy so no regrets! 

I would say it has proved to be a very good investment but bear in mind I have owned her for 28 years and if you had told me back then what it might be worth now, I wouldn't have believed you....

True! Though on a similar note, I have recently been lucky to get the barrel record book for my 17 pdr. It fired it's first proof round on 23rd March 1945 and it's last round on 14th February 2011. That's 66 years in service! 

It is for the barrel I have fitted, not the one that came with the carriage but impressive none the less.

18 hours ago, Adrian Barrell said:

True! Though on a similar note, I have recently been lucky to get the barrel record book for my 17 pdr. It fired it's first proof round on 23rd March 1945 and it's last round on 14th February 2011. That's 66 years in service! 

It is for the barrel I have fitted, not the one that came with the carriage but impressive none the less.

Who on earth was still in a position to need to fire 17Pdrs in 2011?

• 1 year later...
On 5/8/2019 at 7:41 AM, RattlesnakeBob said:

Adrian you don't have to answer this at all  or completely but .....Have you kept an accurate account of what such a superb restoration has cost you ?

Even if it only amounts to just 'what you paid for her , plus all the bits you've bought'.... I totally understand that calculating your time and what you should / could have earnt instead of messing about with her is probably very nigh on an impossible thing to calculate ( or admit here on the forum where yer missus might see it ! )

Just curious really and I don't of course expect you to reveal at all what it has actually cost ....that would be impudent to ask at the very least : )  

Hi Rattlesnake Bob, I hate to divert but I saw a previous post of yours regarding a 12v supplemental battery bump to start a 6v Jeep, I am trying to replicate your system but was wondering if you could post or send some additional details on the wiring of this fix.  That would be greatly appreciated as my 6 volt system just will not start.  Thanks in advance.