Rubber strap material

ArtistsRifles

Question

OK - before any of you kinky lot start getting funny ideas - does anyone know what the stretchy rubber-like material is that's used on Stalwarts to retain the CES items (jerry cans, wood jack block and diverse tools etc.) in their appropriate locations and where it can be obtained from??

Same goes for the fastenings (rivets and claws etc.) that are used to make the straps up???

7 answers to this question

Thanks Lee - just saw the reply there. Will get in touch once she's back and we can have a measure up, Not sure how much I need until I check but worst case scenario is:

Starter handle in the cab (2 x)

Jerry can rack in rear air outlet (1x)

Jacking block 92 x),

Spade (2 x)

Pick axe handle (2x)

Last 2 are on the false bulkhead.

What about the fixings and claws - are they standard items or what???

Chris - is this what you meant: http://www.thexmod.com/item_detail.asp?id=1029

Edited by ArtistsRifles

I've had 2 different types on the Land Rover, one has canvas/cotton braids moulded in, the other is slightly thicker but has no reinforcing braids. Easy to spot as the threads are visible where it's been cut to width.

All of the solid rubber straps have snapped at some point or other, no pattern as to where, they just give up. The braided ones are still fine albeit a little worn now. I'd ask about that before committing to a purchase. I got the braided stuff from Graham Holding but have seen others with it at military shows.

Mooching through ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AT48-SOLID-INSERTION-RUBBER-STRIP-50mm-x-3mm-x-2-5M_W0QQitemZ160294946834QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item160294946834&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Interesting to see some of the items found when searching on "rubber canvas strap".