Ferret Bits

Starfire

I'm mostly after the internal storage boxes from the left side of the interior. As I have 2 Ferrets, which are amazingly missing the same things, I really need 2 of each, but I'll take what I can get :)

• Large ammo box that goes on the escape hatch (holds 4 .30 ammo boxes, with the cage on the front for the MG tools box).
  • Small ammo box that goes next to the escape hatch (holds 1 .30 ammo box).
  • 88 set radio box.
  • Grenade bins

I also need 2 of the little props that go on the top front of the turret and hold the lid up a bit when it's open.

The second Ferret is an Australian Mk 2, but has been robbed of its turret. A turret and base plate would be nice, but another option is that I would be happy to convert it to Mk 1 specification. For that I would need the roof components and all of the internal fittings for either Bren or Browning. If I can get the roof set, I can live without the rest for now.

I could also use various bits of CES.

Postage is to Adelaide, South Australia. I know that it will be expensive, but it's part of the game of owning old British armour.

Let me know what you've got.

Cheers,

Terry

I'm mostly after the internal storage boxes from the left side of the interior. As I have 2 Ferrets, which are amazingly missing the same things, I really need 2 of each, but I'll take what I can get :)

• Large ammo box that goes on the escape hatch (holds 4 .30 ammo boxes, with the cage on the front for the MG tools box).
  • Small ammo box that goes next to the escape hatch (holds 1 .30 ammo box).
  • 88 set radio box.
  • Grenade bins

I also need 2 of the little props that go on the top front of the turret and hold the lid up a bit when it's open.

The second Ferret is an Australian Mk 2, but has been robbed of its turret. A turret and base plate would be nice, but another option is that I would be happy to convert it to Mk 1 specification. For that I would need the roof components and all of the internal fittings for either Bren or Browning. If I can get the roof set, I can live without the rest for now.

I could also use various bits of CES.

Postage is to Adelaide, South Australia. I know that it will be expensive, but it's part of the game of owning old British armour.

Let me know what you've got.

Cheers,

Terry

Hi Terry, I should be able to help you out with most parts however my wife is in hospital and it might take a day or so to dig everything out. I know there are some new old stock stowage bins around.

Funnily enough I imported an Australian Army Mk1 Ferret to here many years ago before our Ferrets were available. The dockers in London broke in to the bins which were full of parts and uniforms and nicked the lot bless them.

I have quite a lot of Ferret stuff so it may be easier to email a list of all your needs. My address is douglasmatheson@btinternet.com.

Regards

Doug