Saladin brakes….

andyroo

Last week I did my annual change of a few brake seals on two of the wheel stations on my Saladin. Front right and centre right.

This week I now have another problem. The brakes are staying permanently on, but only just. Any one have any ideas what may be wrong?

I’m suspecting the power valve unit, but would welcome some more experienced advice.

I need to have it mended for Friday!!

Bob,

I had a play arround with the brake system last night. The front brakes work fine. The center and rear brakes come on and off at random with no one opperating the foot peddle. Even with the engine switch off. Reading the drivers manual, the power valve operates the front brakes indipendent of the center and rear. I have a power valve unit on its way from Banisters. Should have it Thursday. Fingers crossed should be working come rain or shine or snow Thursday evening.

Andy

New powervalve arrived this morning. Packing up work at 3 to go and fit it. Took two hours to get the old one out last night. The old one will be stripped down and serviced. Rang Banister who informs me he has no spares, only compleate units. So will have it to bits and see where i go from there.