Ferret interior photos

Andrew S

A few interior pics from my Ferret. The MG mount is a converted GPMG mount. The ammo can holder is reproduction. The bent portion is part I bent out of the way am going to cut off and make flush as it was too much a hazard to the commander's face (my son) on a quick stop & is not functional anyway.

IMG_3930.JPG

IMG_3935.JPG

IMG_3937.JPG

IMG_3940.JPG

IMG_3942.JPG

IMG_3944.JPG

IMG_3949.JPG

It is so very helpful people posting pictures like this. Not just as a stimulus to get mine done - it is but slowly (panel out, stripped, painted then re-installed) , but also ideas for kitting out, what goes where and what's missing.

Glad u like the photos. Btw the grenade box to right of driver is my addition. I made a bracket to hold it. I had an extra grenade box and figured more grenades couldn't hurt! I am planning on adding a splinter screen holder for spare splinter screen, document box and if I can find I will add sten mag box and angled ammo box.Cheers,Andrew

Andrew, How come your Deact .30" Cal Mg has got no internals? :undecided:
The Browning mg is made from a parts kit. The receiver side plate is made to comply with us regulations to make it a non gun. The barrel inside the shroud is actually plastic which reduces weight & makes it easier to take the mg out when necessary. The rest of the internals were not really needed & not having them makes it easier to show it is not functional. I do have all the parts and the original barrel so if I bought a semi auto side plate I could have it made into a functioning semi auto gun. I can open the breech and " load" a belt of 308 ammo for display. On a side note I do have a really nice L1a1 SLR rifle that is functional. It is a 1963 enfield version that I had built from parts on a DSA " inch pattern" L1a1 receiver. Shoots great.