morris C8 swivel ball oil seal

Catch 22 LBDR

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow members, I'm having some real trouble finding a set of swivel ball oil seal's for my Quad gun tractor, Please can anyone help, even a size or part number would help, This project has ground to a halt and was over taken by my Ferret project, (which is almost finished now). I dont want to abandon it to the junk pile just yet:cry:, so any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks Ross

• 1 month later...

If you can measure the seal accurately you might be able to find something online from a seal supplier. Seals seem to be catalogued by their outside diameter, their width and the diameter of the shaft that they seal onto. The first two of these are easy but the third measurement is awkward because the flexible lip of the seal goes onto the spherical housing. It should really be a special design of seal lip too, to seal onto the sphere rather than onto a plain shaft.

I'm sure somebody might be able to help because most Morris seals are standard dimensions, although they are imperial rather than metric.

Our C9/B didn't need swivel seals, I'm relieved to say, but I got several other seals online. Good luck.

If you can measure the seal accurately you might be able to find something online from a seal supplier. Seals seem to be catalogued by their outside diameter, their width and the diameter of the shaft that they seal onto. The first two of these are easy but the third measurement is awkward because the flexible lip of the seal goes onto the spherical housing. It should really be a special design of seal lip too, to seal onto the sphere rather than onto a plain shaft.

I'm sure somebody might be able to help because most Morris seals are standard dimensions, although they are imperial rather than metric.

Our C9/B didn't need swivel seals, I'm relieved to say, but I got several other seals online. Good luck.

Yes, the other seals are standard but not the swivel balls, the seals that were on it werent good enough to get measurements off. I can get them made but at £40 a pop i want to be sure there right.

Found the copys I made any one need a set please p/m me details £5 inc postage to cover costs also inc may 1942 sanctions list contract 294/V.4171(con9B)

Chassis No Engine No

1961/C8/AT/7043 EH.21479

to

Chassis No Engine No

1961/C8/AT/7842 EH22497

all in all about 60 sheets of A4 +2 larger axle cross sections

David N :D

• 11 months later...

OK. I spent 4 years trying to sourse oil seals for my Quad and failed, in the end I came up with an untested solution. I made my own seal by using bearing packer boiled in greese and packed into the gap. I plan to fill the swivel ball with a 50 50 mix of oil and greese, fingers crossed that it work's.