Stolly Wheels, Will they fit my Militant?

Zero-Five-Two

I've been offered a Stolly wheel as a spare for my Mk1 Militant. Been told by the bloke trying to sell it to me, it is the same as a Militant wheel. Anyone know if he's right, will it fit? I don't want to pay good money for something that is no use to me.

As well as that, what's a good price for a second hand Stolly wheel, with good tyre?

They are the same dia and width but they are aluminium not steel.....But are stollies ten stud? Surely they are only 8 Stud like the Eager Beaver that also uses aluminium wheels, (but Narrower)

Yes they are only 8 stud. I've had a look round at some of the pictures on here counting wheel studs. Suppose I should have looked before I asked the silly question :blush::blush:

Rob, get the tyre, I have some spare rims.

It's not a problem, mate. the guy in question was advertising the Mili on Ebay as breaking for spares. I went over there last week and got a shed load of bits for mine, at a more than reasonable price. I was due to go back this weekend to get some more, including a wheel and tyre.

Anyhow he phoned me yesterday saying he had sold all the wheels and tyres to someone who wanted them for a Matador, but he had another wheel from a Stolly which would fit my Mili, and I could have that. Hence the thread "will it fit"

I will be going back tomorrow "wheel or no wheel" for some more stuff, is there anything you need?

Hi Rob, Has he got a steering box and drop-arm? I'm keen to make my Matador a bit easier on my ageing arms and shoulders!

Phil

PS sorry I missed you at the AEC rally, I guess it was you asking Jim Read about me?

Hi Rob, Has he got a steering box and drop-arm? I'm keen to make my Matador a bit easier on my ageing arms and shoulders!

Phil

PS sorry I missed you at the AEC rally, I guess it was you asking Jim Read about me?

Hi Phil,

I watched you leaving for the road run, and we passed on the road, I was in my car and you were going back to the showground. Good show, nice selection of trucks.

I trust they got the Mili gears fixed alright?

All the steering was intact on the militant when I last saw it, I can make enquiries this weekend if you like, or I can PM you the guys mobile and you can speak direct for price etc.

I would be happy to remove it and could store it or post it to you

Stalwart wheel is 8 stud and aluminium, the tyres were 14 ply rated. The stalwart rims weigh in for £25 as long as you knock out the split rim studs. I have 2 stalwart tyres which are virtually brand new in condition and am asking £150 each for them.

Phil

I have a couple of Militant Steering boxes, but I can't remember if they have drop arms or not. If it is easier to take one of mine you lnow how to contact me. Why didn't you say before you came up to AEC rally at Newark!

Edit....Just looked one has Drop arm, other does not.....and also found another two Militant steering wheels......

Edited by antarmike