Finally - its the oil filter leaking

markbg

Hi,

Lee and I both noticed a leak on the Fox - I've had the back armour off and eventually after much messing around the leak is from the oil filter - both from the bolt at the top and the sides of the flange - it wasnt obvious until we tightened up the bolt on the oil filter and watched it dripping away (could only see this with the back armour off as it wasnt obviuos looking on top)

I want to go and fix it tomorrow soooo...

- Can I use instant gasket to fix the leak? i.e. gasket around the flange and the bolt..

- any ideas on what to look for to fix the problem?

any help appreciated ;)

cheers

Mark

Mark,

Buy a replacement filter, there is a new O-ring in the box which you should fit to the housing. Also place a copper washer under the bolt head before refitting.

http://www.ekmpowershop5.com/ekmps/shops/greenmachines/cvrtcvrw-oil-filter-1383-p.asp

You may think £25 for a filter is expensive, but the minimum order from the manufacturers is to buy 10 at £30 each, so it's actually pretty a good deal!

Chris

Mark,

Buy a replacement filter, there is a new O-ring in the box which you should fit to the housing. Also place a copper washer under the bolt head before refitting.

http://www.ekmpowershop5.com/ekmps/shops/greenmachines/cvrtcvrw-oil-filter-1383-p.asp

You may think £25 for a filter is expensive, but the minimum order from the manufacturers is to buy 10 at £30 each, so it's actually pretty a good deal!

Chris

Hi,

Its not the expense thats the problem - its more the timing - I was supposed to bring the Fox down this weekend and I dont think the filter will arrive in time so was hoping instant gasket would work for now

- I have dowty washers which I think will work as well as a copper one or is this not the case?

cheers

Mark