Fordson WOT 2 Oil problem

thedawnpatrol

Hi chaps

Having driven my WOT 2 to her first display of the season, a very smart Garden Center, very nice pedestrian paved frontage, where we were alloed to park several ww2 military vehicles for the day.

I've never had the slightest dribble from anywhere on the old girl, several other members were busy with drip trays or newspapers !.

5 pm arrives and we all pack up and i head home the 6 miles, just aproaching my village, i noticed oil squrting from the botom of the oil filter pot ( sits in the Cab), checked Oil pressure and that showed zero ! oh dear, so i carried on going, more and more oil pooling in the cab, within 4 miniutes i was pulling up on the drive, oil dripping everywhere !

Thank goodness it did not happen on the way to the show, or even as I pulled onto the paved area! At least the old girl got me home and bar the mess on the drive did not cause embaresment at the Garden Center !

The cause................................................. a tiny pin prick hole in the base of the filter pot, must have been a rust spot that finally gave in to the pressure !

So, anyone got a new one for sale ?

Jules

I had a very large hole problem in a Range Rover sump. Plas Steel, comes in a plastic tube. Rub in hand, wear gloves! till it goes grey and feels warm. Fix onto a clean surface. It worked fine for months. That should get you back on the road till you can find a new one.

The cause................................................. a tiny pin prick hole in the base of the filter pot, must have been a rust spot that finally gave in to the pressure !

So, anyone got a new one for sale ?

Yes, I have a spare. Phone me or PM me sometime.

Oddly enough, I took my WOT2 out recently and it used 3 pints of oil in 150 miles. On mime I suspect an oil leak from the back of the engine, possibly by the petrol pump mounting.