Saracen Wiring diagram

Rich C

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a Saracen ?

I am staring to restore my Mk6 but one of the many jobs is to restore working lights etc doing well but I do have a mess to sort out. Help please

Richard C

Hi Rich,

Welcome to the forum! First time I see you posting. Please post some pics so that we can see what you are up against. I have got some manuals but a wiring diagram, nope. Lots of Sarry friends onboard this forum though that might be able to assist.

Hi Montie,

I will have to get to there with a camera and take pictures inside but it is in a mess as I am trying to replace the seals on the steering shafts by the steering wheel. it looks like I have to take the handbrake post out of the way to get it apart.

I found the fault which stopped main headlights by isolating the wires and using a multi-meter but the side lights have been hard wired into a feed ahead of the switch on the starter box. A good puzzle to solve.

Richard

pah!..... you beat me to it Clive!:readbook:........-although the diagram may not be 100% accurate, as I've found when tackling my flywheel repair..... my Mk 5 Saracen has an alternator, with 3 matched drive belts, like a late Ferret, and not the two-speed generator that most of them had...

Edited by oily
additional info....

my Mk 5 Saracen has an alternator, with 3 matched drive belts, like a late Ferret, and not the two-speed generator that most of them had...

Yes that was EMER WV V 617 Mod Instr No.116 May 1978. Saracen mods seemed never ending, they occupy some four EMER binders!