How do you adjust the idling revs on a 432?

Cwaite

Hey guys, I'm wonder if you can help me,

At work we have a FV432 which I am helping maintain, we recently had it in pieces to change the big 250V fuse in the power pack.

Now its all back together and the electrical problems are fine however the idling revs are very high (around 2000 our driver said I think)

All of us working on it seams to remember reading somewhere that there is a adjuster screw which can be turned up or down to lower/ raise the idling revs however none of us can seams to find any information on it although we think it is accessible through the front maintenance hatch.

So my question to you guys is, if it has one where is this adjuster located?

Many thanks in advance,

-Christopher.

evening ,

there are several ways to adjust.

if you have had the panels and the panel that mounts the gear selector off it is quite possible it hasnt been refitted correctly so might be best to remove and check adjustment on the throttle connecting rods that are located below gear selector (sometimes these can get bent during removal or refiting )restart engine with panels off (reconect gear selector lead else it wont start) set revs to about 500 -600 rpm.

When panels are refited revs can then be adjusted with hand throttle located next to engine oil filler .

If this does not solve it then you can adjust tick over on the pump on the throttle arm stop but if the vehicle was ok before changing fuse then this should'nt of changed

hope this helps

Iain

Sorry about the late reply,

We had the panels out again and decided that the panel with the throttle adjuster on was pushing down on the rods about 1mm, this was enough to stop the rods hitting home in the governor and making our revs to high, originally I think we were going to bodge it and make a garget for the panel raising it a little and hopefully releasing the presser on the rods, however now I think we are going to adjust them, should be doing that later today.

However I noticed something else when we had the panels off and engine running, the fuel filter is pissing watery diesel into the engine bay, which would explain why when we last drained it, it had something like 6 gallons of the stuff in the bottom... another day in the life of working with 432's eh.