Humber body query

tim gray

Hello the rear body's for the 8cwt are very rare you will have to make one but does not end there is the cab correct or made up if it is one of Dave Rowlands as the Irish man said I know he had lots of make believe numbers based on various chassis

I'm not sure either...............except I have just bought this Humber ! collecting it in a couple of weeks.

if it is original, then it is rare, if it is a lashup, i'll replace it with the correct PU type.

Jules

Jules, Jules, Jules..........you have too many already.........you will have to sell me your 1940 MCC 15Cwt, :D on the proviso it looks a bit like the humber condition!

I actually thought it looked ok up to the back of the cab and spent some time trawling the web but could find no mention of ammo carriers etc just the command cars, ambulance and 8Cwt. At least all of the important bits are thier. Wonder if the Irish army did any conversion post war???

Dont even know who you would ask........apart from the irish army ( thought i would put that one in before anyone else!!) :laugh:

Regards

Tim

This truck is not Irish it was sold on ebay five or six years ago the body is not original i know the man who made it as i said he had at least four made up humbers including an ambulance and a open top command car. He used to make them up to look the part, he died over twelve years ago.Thats not to say the truck is no good its still a rare vehicle

This truck is not Irish it was sold on ebay five or six years ago the body is not original i know the man who made it as i said he had at least four made up humbers including an ambulance and a open top command car. He used to make them up to look the part, he died over twelve years ago.Thats not to say the truck is no good its still a rare vehicle

Absolutley a good vehicle to get your hands on and worth putting time and money into it to put right any "discrepancies" The main problem i had was that if its an 8Cwt i have one and i was really ,and still am hankering after an aero screen CS8 morris (or am i just a sucker for punishment):-D

Thanks guys, I'm not dissapointed, I always like a challenge, and will certainly take my time to get it right.

my very good mate, Tobin Jones has a lovely Humber FWD which i have driven on many occassions and fell in love with.

I will copy his back body, and bring this Humber back to scratch!

Anzac, thanks for the info on the chassis number, good to know that ties up ok.

Tim.....................

are you saying you would swap your 8cwt ? for a MCC CS8 ?

Jules

Thanks guys, I'm not dissapointed, I always like a challenge, and will certainly take my time to get it right.

my very good mate, Tobin Jones has a lovely Humber FWD which i have driven on many occassions and fell in love with.

I will copy his back body, and bring this Humber back to scratch!

Anzac, thanks for the info on the chassis number, good to know that ties up ok.

Tim.....................

are you saying you would swap your 8cwt ? for a MCC CS8 ?

Jules

Errrrrrrr.................more along the lines of a purchase :-D Lets face it you will need the room shortly :cool2: Mind you i dont know if i have seen a pick of yours...truck that is!

If you go onto 6thscale.com and search for humber thier are loads of detail shots of i belive tobins humber, handy reference. When you do get round to it lets have as north africa..........green is mean....far too much of it......bit like mould :-)

Regards

Tim

Edited by tim gray

If it was an Irish army conversion then surely it would have had provision for carrying crates of GUINESS in the back.

After all, the Irish word for ammunition is GUINESS isn't it.

Mike

PS I spent ages drawing up the PU 8 cwt body of My MCC PU .Not to scale but pretty good for a high school mech. drawing graduate .

Edited by goanna