Fox cvrw parts front wheel cv joint assembley

markbg

Mark,

Do you have a parts book?

I assume this is a rear hub that's failed? The parts are a mix of Fox specific bits and Ferret bits. The part which has the broken flange is LV9CVW/2520-99-821-0047, the other damaged part I can't see a number for just yet. The spherical bit is LV9ASC/2520-99-805-8575, this is a Ferret part and you may be in luck with these as I know a forum member who has quite a lot of NOS wheel station bits.

For the other bits I think you'll need to try Banisters, Jon Penton or try and find someone who's broken one for spares.

Chris

Hi

Unfortunately I dont have the parts book - banisters does but he hasnt replied probably due to the holidays

thanks for info on parts - its the from front hub i do have the manual with blowup diagram of everything but no part numbers

thanks for help ill call around

cheers

Mark B

Chris,

I think the challis (spherical Tracta housing) is from the rarer Mk4 and Mk5. The tubular part of it is shorter, and the number is not the same as Mk1 and 2.

Richard,

I've been looking for it it my Ferret parts book with no luck, I think you are right. I think the Fox wheel station parts might be more difficult than anything else to source.

Chris

what were the symptoms and or noises that came before this event?

I would be interested to know cause of failure to put it in my shop book of "lessons" along with ones like "fluid flywheel checks" and a picture of a smoked Ferret one . . . as a warning to others around me.

R

what were the symptoms and or noises that came before this event?

I would be interested to know cause of failure to put it in my shop book of "lessons" along with ones like "fluid flywheel checks" and a picture of a smoked Ferret one . . . as a warning to others around me.

R

Not an unusual failure on a Fox. Tracta joint picks up, spot weld between a fork and knuckle, something has to give and tube breaks away from sphere on the challis.

I have several second-hand complete wheel stations (and lots of new driving parts) for Fox.

I had a lot more last weekend before the pikeys got on top of my container and nicked about half a ton of bits!

If anybody finds some Fox wheelstation parts in a Kent scrapyard, let me know!

Regards

Jon

I have several second-hand complete wheel stations (and lots of new driving parts) for Fox.

I had a lot more last weekend before the pikeys got on top of my container and nicked about half a ton of bits!

If anybody finds some Fox wheelstation parts in a Kent scrapyard, let me know!

Regards

Jon

Hi

If you still have the right hand side station as you're facing the fox then I'd like to buy it if possible?

cheers

Mark B

Not an unusual failure on a Fox. Tracta joint picks up, spot weld between a fork and knuckle, something has to give and tube breaks away from sphere on the challis.

Yep thats it - the noise associated with the problem is a loud banging sound when the steering is near full lock - what causes it is a mystery I assume it was lack of oep220?

I almost cerainly have what you want. You had better come and see for yourself that all the parts you require are present. Parts are located in Sandwich, Kent.

PM me for details and arrange a suitable time.

Regards

Jon

what causes it is a mystery I assume it was lack of oep220?

Lubrication is at the root of this, or lack of it, hence why levels should be checked and kept to levels. You might be able to retrieve your tracta shaft and knuckles if not badly damaged, cannot judge from you photos what damage there is.

Jon wasnt kidding - a veritable treasure trove - I'm going back next week - and the Fox is now completely fixed :)

thanks for all the help - lets hope I have a better year this time round

cheers

Mark B