Land Rover Series 2 wing mounted door stop?

marlin.45

Still plodding along with my Rover 9 GS/FFR rebuild and starting giving the wing the once over this weekend.

On removing the secondary indicators fitted by a PO I found that the hole that they were sitting in looked original from time of manufacture (I always thought he had cut the hole) and lies through the steel reinforced sections of the wing.

Wondering what would have originally fitted in this hole? The suggestion I have had is a rubber conical stop for the door. Location looks right but I have never seen this before on any LR. Anyone else :D

Paul

IMGP1202.JPG

304110 RUBBER BUFFER FRONT WING 1948-58. RUBBER BUFFER FRONT WING 1948-58. (304110) Part Number 304110 £2.08

€2.34

Ref. @ John Craddocks

Cheers Ruxy :) Checked out Craddocks but unfortunately they don't have a pic. Would be nice to know what they look like :-D

Hi Marlin,

I think these were peculiar just to Series 2a military 88 and 109s (?)

BTW, I have a spare military front wing assembly to sell if you're interested, PM me if you need it, I am based in Southampton so not too far from you

Edited by G506