Land Rover propshaft FRC9762

RTWMan

Has anyone seen the Landy props that have been appearing on eBay? Part number is FRC9762 and they are the double cardan type. A pal of mine bought one having been told it would fit his Landy but the flange on the transfer box end is a much larger diameter than standard.

Any ideas which Landy they were fitted to?

He wants to track down an adaptor / flange to fit his transfer box (an LT230)

Hi, thats the front prop that was fitted to the 110 with a Salisbury front axle if memory serves me right.

Measure the cup diameter and width of the universal joints and see how they compare with an LT230 flange, you may be lucky and find the non-cardan end will be a straight swap. :D

I don't have my microfiche for that prop just now, someones borrowed.... Will check when it comes back if you haven't found the answer by then.

Alec.

I had a 1980 lhd series 3 109 stage 1 v8 and this had a large double joint at the transfer flange. It was a new vehicle built to Kuwaiti spec (where I lived at the time). It lasted the 20+ years I had the vehicle and gave no trouble (the prop shaft that is!). Jerry

I have one listed on ebay at the mo and they are off a 110 Snatch landrover. They need a flange for the transfer box not sure of the part number but they are very heavy duty. People buy them and mod them for off road use.