WW2 CAV control box

thedawnpatrol

Hi Chaps

Just getting round to wiring my 1944 Morris C8 It has as standard to all British Vehicles the CAV ignition / lighting switch unit on the Dash.

I think I have wired it properly, but when turning on the ignition switch (which works correctly) the red warning light does not glow, ,I have checked the bulb and that is ok, can anyone post a wiring diagram for one of these please ?

Thanks

Jules

Hi Chaps

can anyone post a wiring diagram for one of these please ?

hi Jules,

The two pictures attached should answer your question, they are from the Fordson WOT6 manual, but as it uses the same Control Box, CAV 75BT 19X ( quoting this off top of head, think that is the number), then wiring should be the same.

regards, Richard

CAV switch 001.jpg

CAV switch.jpg

Richard

I need one of these voltage control boxes for my 1939 Morris Commercial CDF.

My dynamo is CAV Type DBNB 122 and the corect control box should be a CAV Type 75/119X.

Would you have one or point me to where I may obtain one ?

Thanks

Bob

Richard

I need one of these voltage control boxes for my 1939 Morris Commercial CDF.

My dynamo is CAV Type DBNB 122 and the corect control box should be a CAV Type 75/119X.

Would you have one or point me to where I may obtain one ?

Thanks

Bob

Hi Bob,

Are you sure that control box number is correct, could it be 75BT/19X ? That dynamo is listed in a 1956 6MT4 Vocab, as fitted to a MCC, but your control box number is not, but the one I quote here is. If it is a 75BT/19X, then they do turn up NOS in a box, usually postwar made, but often have a fault in them due to age and deterioration. The electrical engineer who I use, removes the inside and fits a modern replacement, he has done a number for me. If you have the old one and the casing is good, I could give you his contact details.

regards, Richard

Richard

Thank you, I do not have a control box, only the information from the Hand Book. However the engine is not the original (rebuilt 1952) and so the dynamo may also not be the correct one.......?

All I want is for electricity to be produced to recharge the battery, surley not too much to ask.

I would like to make contact with your chap please.

Cheers

Bob

Richard

Thank you, I do not have a control box, only the information from the Hand Book. However the engine is not the original (rebuilt 1952) and so the dynamo may also not be the correct one.......?

All I want is for electricity to be produced to recharge the battery, surley not too much to ask.

I would like to make contact with your chap please.

Cheers

Bob

Bob,

I have sent you a PM

regards, Richard