Bedford qld body info help!!!

ColinR

I've picked up a Bedford QLD and was wondering if anyone here would be able to id the rear section for me. I can see its not a standard rear. But has anyone any idea who would have produced it or if its from something else?

The side sections are split into two and can hinge down individually. The tailgate, can be folded down half way then fully. The section behind the cab is as tall as the cab with a window fitted. All made from timber (Obviously apart from the metal fittings!).

I'll try to get more pics, apologies for the state of this one.

bedford qld side view.jpg

Edited by ColinR
update

Many thanks for that, i think your right. Will have to look into getting the proper body sorted for it. She has a diesel lump in her and she runs like a dream, noisey, but thats all part of the fun! lol

Many thanks for that, i think your right. Will have to look into getting the proper body sorted for it. She has a diesel lump in her and she runs like a dream, noisey, but thats all part of the fun! lol

If you're thinking of changing the body and it's not too bad I'd be interested in buying it.

Do you know which engine it is? Any chance of any photographs?

Last year there was a QL which had been converted to Cummins and had a camper body built in the rear on ebay, is this it?

Has this got a deisel engine in, if so I know a bit about it

Do you mean this particular vehicle retriever, or this type of set up?

If you're thinking of changing the body and it's not too bad I'd be interested in buying it.

Do you know which engine it is? Any chance of any photographs?

Last year there was a QL which had been converted to Cummins and had a camper body built in the rear on ebay, is this it?

The body is in very good condition, no real damage to it (Just the usual knocks etc), i was just going to give it a good clean up and light sand down before i gave it a coat of paint for this year. I'll let you know if/when i can source a replacement body. This wasn't the one on ebay.

It only has one fuel tank, i did check it out to see if it was a QLT but can't remember the reason, but came to the conclusion that it wasn't.

I should really look into it a little bit better.

Anything i should be worried about retriever? :(

• 2 weeks later...
Just looking at the fuel tanks (I'm guessing there's another on the other side) and the length that the chassis must extend at the rear to support the body you sure its not a QLT?

Just had a closer look and will have to measure it up to see if it is a QLT chassis. Reason being, is that a mate of mine said the same as you! lol