Using an MJ cab as a basis for a TK cab restoration!?!

HoFFdog

Hello everyone.

I am soon going to be doing restoration work on the cab of my Bedford TK860. As only the lower panels (floor, rockers, wings, headlight panels) need repairing AND i do not have the means or inclination to remove the box from the chassis i have decided against straight swapping my current cab with a better quality one.

Instead, i plan to repair in situ, sourcing the replacement panels & metal i need from a second good quality TK cab i intend to buy & break. If i have trouble finding a replacement TK cab which seems to be the case so far i was wondering wether i would be able to use an MJ cab to chop out the floor & rockers, buying the bolt on panels like the wings & headlight panels separately.

Aside from the bigger wings & modified headlight panels would the dimensions of the MJ cab differ from my 1978 TK860 at all???

I have a rough idea of chopping out the entire floor of my TK cab & dropping in a better condition floor from either an MJ or TK cab & welding back in. Do any of the fellows here have any thoughts about that particular approach, or alternatives. Im unsure whether cutting the entire floor out could drastically weaken the cab or make it drop from removing the cab floor mounts. Just wanted to get other peoples ideas on this....????

And finally does anyone here have in possesion themselves or know somone who has Bedford TK/MJ cabs AND/OR Bedford TK wings & headlight panels etc

Any help, ideas & thoughts will be much appreciated.