Whats this WW2 vehicle?

Wolfy

Its the armoured C15TA, for sure

The extra weight was too much for the Chev engine, so they used the GMC 270 powerplant. There's one here in Scotland but unfortunately the rear armour got torched.

Gordon

yep Made in Canada.

we have a couple in Denmark.

here is another view of one.

Made in Canada yes, but some were sent to the UK as CKD kits (completely knocked down) and assembled both by GM in Southampton and Bamber Bridge (Preston) and by Pearsons of Liverpool

Some uncanny resemblences with the lines of a Humber Pig I have to say.

Wheel arches / doors / Front grille.

The Humber Pig was copied, or modelled along the lines of the C15TA. When you see the prototypes, there is no doubt about it.

Made in Canada yes, but some were sent to the UK as CKD kits (completely knocked down) and assembled both by GM in Southampton and Bamber Bridge (Preston) and by Pearsons of Liverpool

Other than the mention in the Pearson's book, I would like to see evidence the C15TA was actually sent over a CKD kit. Boxed up with wheels etc. taken off to reduce height, yes, but shipped as a kit of parts to be assembled and augmented with local content - no. . .

Edited by mcspool

The Humber Pig was copied, or modelled along the lines of the C15TA. When you see the prototypes, there is no doubt about it.

I look forward to Clive giving us chapter and verse on that remark. I do agree that the Pig does look as if it was almost cloned.