Withams LANDROVER 110 V8 SNATCH - TUM (HT) W/VPK PATROL (DESERTISED)

ferrettkitt

I was perusing withams auction site and came across the Landrover 110 V8 Snatch, is it just me or does this vehicle look a right mess. I know the MOD has to gather as much money as possible nowadays due to budgetary constraints but a starting price of £3500 (reserve not met) seems excessive for a vehicle that has a known gearbox / transmission fault.

Is this taking the pee out off military enthusiasts?

http://www.mod-sales.com/auction/vehicle/related/35334/LANDROVER_110_V8_SNATCH_-_TUM_(HT)_WVPK_PATROL_(DESERTISED).htm

Is this taking the pee out off military enthusiasts?

Only if someone buys it at that price, and is unhappy with it. Anyone know what they went for in the tender? I bet it was cheaper than that.

Not sure but I think this one didnt sell in the tender:-X I phoned up about a Leyland daf that didnt sell in the auction finished at 19.00 with no bids phoned at 9.00 the next morning and it was sold:-( wonder how that happens eh?

• 1 month later...

The transmission fault was nothing serious,just seized linkage caused by buildup of sand on the exterior of underbody, the vehicle started and drove in forward and reverse.

The reserve price was lowered on the saturday prior to the listing finished...

I bid 1 minute before the vehicle finished and got it.

A bargain me thinks

I know the other snatches that went in the main tender went for £2800-£4000 plus the vat.

As far as being in a right mess,chassis wise its fine,as is drivetrain, footwell on passenger side requires a repair but the rest is cosmetic.

Stanby for a full report in the restoration of this cheap motor.

The last one on the weekly tender went for £1300..

I think the winner of that one is Mr Smug !

mind you had 'parts missing' whatever that meant

That can mean anything from minor parts or its missing the transmission

I was commenting on its visual condition which in my opinion and its only my opinion still looks a right mess. Good luck with it I hope you prove me wrong and please feel free to rub my face in it when you have finished it. :)

• 3 months later...

Try before you buy ???

Me thinks if they were all in running order and looked pretty that Withams price wouldn't quite be so favourable towards the enthusiast. Lol

As with most military enthusiasts my enjoyment comes from taking em apart and putting em back together again..

• 1 month later...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49138[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]49139[/ATTACH]

After 4 months 26KK58 restored and road legal and made it to the War and Peace show....

26KK76 yet to be tackled,,,

Hi,

This will sound completley stupid, but its true...........

I purchaces some ECM antennas (like yours) from Ramco, and fitted them to my Snatch Landrover.

They got reported to MDP (ministry of defence police).

I had a visit from MDP and was informed these antennas are Restricted Items, even the dummy plastic ones(training only).

All of my antennas were confiscated from me.

So be aware of this........I had to give a 3 page statement to the Police

• 11 months later...

Go on give your chassis a good rubbing .

Seriously it would be good to see some Piccies of what you do with yours.

And I'm after a series 3 antenna roof mount as used on the 109 piglet and subsequently used on the snatch when in Northern Ireland , if you see one on your travels anybody ?????

• 1 year later...
The transmission fault was nothing serious,just seized linkage caused by buildup of sand on the exterior of underbody, the vehicle started and drove in forward and reverse.

The reserve price was lowered on the saturday prior to the listing finished...

I bid 1 minute before the vehicle finished and got it.

A bargain me thinks

I know the other snatches that went in the main tender went for £2800-£4000 plus the vat.

As far as being in a right mess,chassis wise its fine,as is drivetrain, footwell on passenger side requires a repair but the rest is cosmetic.

Stanby for a full report in the restoration of this cheap motor.

Hi MattBlack think i bought a few bits from you on ebay Im looking for an H plate for my snatch ( the sun roof bit) also wire cutters Wondering if you could help

cheers Matt

Hi MattBlack think i bought a few bits from you on ebay Im looking for an H plate for my snatch ( the sun roof bit) also wire cutters Wondering if you could help

cheers Matt

Donk, try x mod they have some wire cutters for sale. the head doesn't match whats on my snatch but very close so perhaps they changed design slightly over the years?.. Might be a plan B for you?