drops mmlc

xtreme

make sure rear body locks are in open position

slide lift hook to rear of vehicle as far as it will go .

press the other switch to make lift hook move outwards over rear end of vehicle .

reverse vehicle onto your load to be lifted skip ect .

lift up lift hook pulling load up and over onto lorry .

you can take off handbrake if on flat surface so lorry pulls itself under load

line up skip ect onto rear rollers

as soon as lined up pull onto lorry /then slide hook forwards towards cab . lock rear body locks

if off tipping load skip ect different procedure . its easy with practise . :cheesy:

Interested in the correct way of loading the rack on a MMLC there are 5 switch positions on the multilift

Dan,

The 5 positions on the Multilift switch are as follows;

AUTO - this is the normal operating position, engaging both hook arm and main frame rams through the proximity switches.

Man HA - this operates hook arm rams only, used when there is a fault in electic circuit, such as the proximity switches.

Man MF - same as above, but only operates main frame rams.

Man Trans - used after a manual operation to de-pressurise the rams.

AUX - use this when supplying power to another DROPS with disabled LHS

to unload/load the rack always use auto, as above, make sure you are on level ground (as if), and with the hand brake off, ENGAGE AUTO ON THE PTO CONTROL...use the jockey stick to UNLOAD....I usually put my foot on the foot brake until the rack hits the ground, then let her roll forward with the revs at about 1300-1400 until the rack is down, ....HAND BRAKE, DISENGAGE HOOK, move forward a tad and LOAD to stow the hook, load switch to off and away you go.

Loading,

Loading, position yourself behind the rack and put the hand brake on, ENGAGE AUTO ON THE PTO CONTROL...UNLOAD to bring the arm back...once down and about level with the rack, get out and check if on own, (with practice you can get close enough to miss out the adjustment phase)...then move the truck back to engage the rack. Once engaged, ...LOAD to take up the slack and to connect with the load, take her out of reverse into neutral, leave the hand brake off.....USING THE JOCKEY STICK LOAD 1300-1500 REVS AND UP SHE COMES. hand brake on once the rack is off the ground....

there are no load locks as you know but if you are on un-level ground you may have to do a bit of drag and adjustment shuffles..carefully... as it doesn't take much of a slope to bugger it all up..

never drive with the pto on...

think thats about it...

Use the LHS in Auto position and she will load and unload no problems. When unloading find level ground. Apply handbrake. Switch to auto. Unload until the flat rack touches the ground. When it touches the ground, let off the handbrake and let her roll forward in neutral. Let the hook drop slightly more after the rack stops lowering, engage a forward gear and pull forward.

To load it's the opposite. Don't use the footbrake to shunt towards the rack to engage the hook. There is a round metal foot button on the floor. This is a shunt brake. Use this to shunt the hook arm onto the A frame. Once the hook arm is engaged with the rack keep the truck in neutral with hand brake off. Lift the rack. As soon as the rack touches the rear rollers apply handbrake and lift all the way up using 1500RPM.

A said there are no locks, also i find on my foden you only need to switch to auto and the pto in on any way, I am under the impression the pto switch is a backup only. I am also told the other options you have are for different bodys ie tipper or fuel. as these need different angles to unload them. My truck works well the angle meter only needs a slight tilt to upset it, LOOK youtube for Foden drops immlc lifting a cvrt.

Also remember there are different rated pallets 10 and 15 ton be aware! metal bed 15 ton wood 10ton.

11072010180.jpg

A said there are no locks, also i find on my foden you only need to switch to auto and the pto in on any way, I am under the impression the pto switch is a backup only. I am also told the other options you have are for different bodys ie tipper or fuel. as these need different angles to unload them. My truck works well the angle meter only needs a slight tilt to upset it, LOOK youtube for Foden drops immlc lifting a cvrt.

Also remember there are different rated pallets 10 and 15 ton be aware! metal bed 15 ton wood 10ton.

stal hows it going? Havent see you around the town.

Al

a crane stolly 3.3m high on a foden, 2m plus? at a guess , thats likely welle over 5 m high scary job, would not like to drive that anywaher... I am collecting two stalwarts with my DAF DROPS next week, a 622 and a 623, the 623 will be on the trailer...will take some photos...

• 2 weeks later...