Saracen Numbering

Mettlen

Hi All,

I'm looking through my Saracen IPC and in paticular the frame and suspension (J) at the begining that some parts are 'From vehicle no.22MS02'. How can I tell if my is pre or post this number. There doesn't seem to be anything vaguely similar on the log card (attached). Oh yes, what is the difference between pre and post suspension?

Thanks in advance!!

Saracen%20-%20History%20card.JPGSaracen%20-%20History%20card.JPG

Saracen - History card.JPG

'From vehicle no.22MS02'. How can I tell if my is pre or post this number.

I'm afraid you cant tell without having the record card for the vehicle that became 22MS02.

"Military Sales" sequence is not directly related to its in service ERM. It just depends when a particular vehicle was offered up for sale where it was in the MS sequence at the time.

Hi All,

I'm looking through my Saracen IPC and in paticular the frame and suspension (J) at the begining that some parts are 'From vehicle no.22MS02'.

Is your ISPC the correct one for your vehicle? Your Saracen may even have been updated on rebuild at some point. You could contact Banister's, who once owned it, as they are extremely knowledgable on these vehicles and might be able to throw some light on your question.

regards, Richard

• 4 years later...
Most probably because previous service history was not available ( missing or destroyed)

Richard, do you mean that there would have been another history card that went missing or destroyed by 1970, so they just started from that date with a new card??

Richard, do you mean that there would have been another history card that went missing or destroyed by 1970, so they just started from that date with a new card??

Yes, sometimes several cards come up when records are searched, but I suppose from the MoD perspective past history going back over 10 years would be irrelevant for their purposes and thus destroyed.