Humber 1ton truck

FASTTRAX

Depends on the chassis & the bodywork is very relevant with a GS. Depends if the engine can turn over. If the engine is good & can even run then the base value has to be £500 minimum. Good bodywork & tyres increase the value of course.

I am soon to be selling a Humber Malkara test truck with good engine & pretty reasonable bodywork, together with hacked around body one which was used by a garage. The engine seems ok & the cab internally complete. The two together £1,750.

Hope that is of some help.

Depends on the chassis & the bodywork is very relevant with a GS. Depends if the engine can turn over. If the engine is good & can even run then the base value has to be £500 minimum. Good bodywork & tyres increase the value of course.

I am soon to be selling a Humber Malkara test truck with good engine & pretty reasonable bodywork, together with hacked around body one which was used by a garage. The engine seems ok & the cab internally complete. The two together £1,750.

Hope that is of some help.

HI Clive

can u trace the Reg

it's still fitted to the vehicle with the civvi plate over the top

cheers fasttrax

can u trace the Reg

it's still fitted to the vehicle with the civvi plate over the top

Possibly, I have some pics of civ registered Humbers that I can tie up to a military ERM. Can you not read the chassis plate, which is found by pushing your head between the front wheel arch & the wheel on the nearside?

It is appx 6" x 3" on the chassis facing you as you peer in. You will need a torch & a cloth to clean the plate it should be stamped with a 5-digit serial number top left eg 21834 & beneath the ERM eg 18 BK 34 or just 18 34. Either set of numbers will do as you can see they have a close relationship.

That is assuming you can get into the hedge:-D

Possibly, I have some pics of civ registered Humbers that I can tie up to a military ERM. Can you not read the chassis plate, which is found by pushing your head between the front wheel arch & the wheel on the nearside?

It is appx 6" x 3" on the chassis facing you as you peer in. You will need a torch & a cloth to clean the plate it should be stamped with a 5-digit serial number top left eg 21834 & beneath the ERM eg 18 BK 34 or just 18 34. Either set of numbers will do as you can see they have a close relationship.

That is assuming you can get into the hedge:-D

HI full mil reg is 16 BK 39, didnt take any notice of the civvi plate as this was underneath it!!!!

fasttrax

Ok here we go:

16 BK 39

FV1601

Serial No. 21639

Engine No. 5920

Date in Service 16/2/54

Delivered to 62nd B Vehicle Depot, Eglington, Ayrshire

Receipt Voucher No. 2901

I have no unit history. The dates of disposal & where are contradictory.

One set of records indicate it was disposed of at Ashchurch Sale No.74, Lot No.1210 for £140 on 23/7/64. Unfortunately I don't have this particular sales catalogue. To me it seems a little early for disposal.

Looking at the main hand written ledger, it was struck off on 3/7/68. Followed by the abbreviation ASC I think this was misread as Ash, which is the abbreviation in some other entries. I'm not aware of any ordnance supply abbreviation ASC, so it may be simple be someone's improvised abbreviation for Ashchurch. However after this there is an entry "no paperwork"

I don't have a picture of it the nearest is 16 BK 43. If you can get its civi reg I may have that in a photo?