Morris Commercial C8/C9 Water pump drawing

Jerrykins

Does any kind soul have a drawing of the late type water pump fitted to MCC C8 & C9 from the workshop manual. I have just removed a tired pump (C8 type) from my C4 and have rebuilt & refitted the original C4 pump. I now want to rebuild the removed pump as a spare. It differs from the earlier type in that the ball bearing races are larger diameter fitted annular fashion around a stub within the water pump casting a smaller shaft fits inside the stub driving the water pump impeller. An assembly drawing of the components would be handy - please. Jerry

• 4 years later...

I got this email back from a company called EP Services. I thought some readers might be interested in this.

"Hi Ross,

It is a unit that we know quite well.

The original seal used in this pump is a type that is driven by a small peg that goes through the spindle and locates inside a slot in the seal unit.

This drive peg always seemed to cause premature seal failure in this seal design, because the slot for the drive peg wears away and loses its drive. We replace this seal design with a unitised carbon faced seal that is a tight drive fit on the spindle. This not only seals water in the main housing but also seals water from leaking though the spindle and is has a much more efficient drive.

We have used this type of seal for many years with outstanding success. It does need to have the boss on the impellor machined down though to ensure that the correct seal tension is maintained.

The cost to fully service your unit is £65.00 including new gasket and full guarantee. 2 to 3 days turnaround.

From past experience with pumps sent to the Republic, the UPS Parcel charge is usually around £30/35 for a two day tracked delivery service.

Superb job you've done on that engine by the way, looks amazing!!

Hope we can help with your pump."