Land Rover Snatch vehicles at Withams

robin craig

The Jan 31st 2011 tender sale at Withams has lots 61 to 65 listed as Land Rover Snatch vehicles 30 KK 55, 26 KK 58, 29 KK 25, 29 KK 75 and 27 KK 28

There is nothing about "accident damaged" or "armour removed"

the suggested price is GBP 4,500

Buyers should be aware that a related brochure is on ebay at the moment here:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200512642134&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

and a manual here:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370471224142&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Regards

Robin

Edited by robin craig

I have been and had a look at them and to say they look tired is an understament:undecided:

One went through the auction this week for £4800 hence the guide price on the tender sale:undecided:

A couple of other forums talk about a smell of death about them.

I would like one as I think it would make a good fundraiser. But would have to be cheap seeing the work needed on them

I have been and had a look at them and to say they look tired is an understament:undecided:

One went through the auction this week for £4800 hence the guide price on the tender sale:undecided:

A couple of other forums talk about a smell of death about them.

I would like one as I think it would make a good fundraiser. But would have to be cheap seeing the work needed on them

Hi these vehicles interest me also but as yet havent had the time to go though them at withams what exactly needs doing to them Engine rebuild, new prop shafts, chassis welding ?

there would it seems be a rather large amount of vehicles out there that have rather morbid historys attached to them . For example !

On the day that i went to look at my saracen my girlfriend was with me and she stuck her head in the rear compartment and said this vehicles got a horrible feel to it one of fear and bloodshed turned out it had a suffered a fire as a result possibly a petrol bomb thrown in the back but since that it was all refurbed and worked a looked as a saracen should As far as i was concerned it was worth saving and it all adds to the character of the vehicle.

It is all relative gents as these are military vehicles.

Given current conflicts and vehicles in use old and new then it would be naive to assume they haven't seen some hardships and bloodshed!

Especially the 'Snatch' and the history around IED's and the like!

Would you however prefer one of these or an ex TA reservist vehicle that trundles around Salisbury or SENTA?

Just my opinion on the Gorey aspect.